CBSE System Of Evaluation
CCE is the continuous comprehensive evaluation followed by CBSE for doing a holistic assessment of a learner which also includes co scholastic area of Life skills, Attitudes and Values, Sports and Games as well as CO Curricular activities. The CCE scheme aims at addressing this in a holistic manner. It evaluates a child’s day to day activities and marked grades which gives a cumulative result of a child’s all round development. This brings the best out of a child and helps him to focus his concentration and boosts his confidence to meet the challenges of today’s competitive world in a very healthy way.
Formative assessment is a tool used by the teacher to continuously monitor student progress in a nonthreatening and supportive environment. If used effectively it can improve student performance tremendously while raising the self esteem of the child.
Some of the main features of Formative assessment are that it is diagnostic and remedial, provide effective feedback and allows the active involvement of students in their own learning.
The Summative assessment is the terminal assessment of performance at the end of a term. Under the end of term summative assessment, the student will be tested internally based on the following criteria :-
- Curriculum and Syllabus
- The Summative assessment will be in the form of a pen-paper test conducted by the school. It will be conducted at the end of each term.
Advantages Of CCE Evaluation
- It will reduce Stress and anxiety of a student.
- It will reduce the dropout rate as there will be less fear and anxiety related to performance.
- Now there will be greater focus on learning rather than teaching to the test.
- It will help the learners to develop holistically in terms of personality by also focusing on the co scholastic aspects which will be assessed as part of the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation scheme.
- It is expected to prepare the student for life by making students physically fit, mentally alert and emotionally balanced.
- The Students will have more times on their hands to develop their interests, hobbies abd personalities.
- It will motivate learning in a friendly environment rather than in a fearful situation.
It will equip students with Life Skills especially Creative